Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Take 10: X-Men Lineups.

Interesting article over at Marvel today. They listed their Top Ten X-Men Teams. I have no argument with the top three. I mean, you really can't argue with that. I WILL argue that what they dubbed "Magneto's Team" should have been ranked a whole lot higher. And personally, I was never really a fan of Australian Outback Team. Look at the core of the Magneto Team: Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Storm, Colossus, Kitty Pryde, and Rogue (and the wimpy version of Psylocke). Even with a depowered Storm leading this group, they're still a formidable team. There is way too much experience on this team to be ignored. Add Rachel Summers or Havok (both of which were briefly on this team, Rachel was actually part of the team for about half of the time they were together) and they're a powerhouse. I think this team is underrated because of Storm's lack of powers, because basically, it's the same team as the Post-Phoenix Era team (which clocked in at #2) minus Professor X and Cyclop's occasional appearances.

This was the team that I was introduced to as I started collecting Uncanny at about issue #200, so maybe that's why I hold it with such regard. That's my favorite team, hands down. At some point I'll get around to reviewing a couple of the issues from that era, because in my opinion, they feature Claremont at the height of his ability. I can already smell the newsprint.

No comments: