Sunday, May 27, 2007

Star Wars Celebration IV, Part Deux.

Wow, this was a long day. I would say the coolest thing happened was the first thing we did, which was sit and listen a talk about the new The Clone Wars animated series. It was ok, even though they had massive technical difficulties with the mics and the air conditioning didn't kick in until about halfway through the presentation. The best part was that we saw the first public viewing of the trailer for the series, twice. It was dopesauce. I cannot wait for it to start airing on TV, too bad we have to wait about a year and a half for it. The second coolest thing we did was the second thing we did, which was going to see Star Wars in 30 minutes (Choo! Choo!). It's a really good time. While we were waiting in line for something else, I read some of Chris' brother's Dark Horse Star Wars comics, and I guess now I've gotta start collecting them. Thanks, Andy. Jerk. First stop, eBay. Second stop, my local comic shop, which I still haven't stepped foot in yet. Anyways, here are some of the highlights (or lowlights depending on your point of view) in pictoral form for your viewing pleasure:


Yes! I found him! The Elvis Stormtrooper!


I really don't know what happened here...


100% Pure Bantha Beef Burger.


I don't know who's creepier, the people in this photo, or me for taking the picture. I think it's me. Like most guys of my generation, I have a strong and strange attraction to Slave Leia...


Lego Threepio.


Lego R2.


Barf! (And Chris and Kareena)


The Death Star is fully operational...


Lego Chewie.


Dude, Chaka's still in jail, man...


Luke's severed head.


Oh. My. Gawd.


The Man, The Myth, The Legend...


Pesky Jawas.


It was a lot of fun, but I'm offically tired of walking.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Mmmmm...bantha burgers.

Tyler said...

My bantha burger with kessel jack cheese was pretty good.

Carrie said...

Those Lego guys are the coolest thing. I love how they made that Chewy out of all different colors to make him look more realistic.