Monday, May 11, 2009

Star Trek

I had a chance to catch Star Trek this past weekend and I have to admit that I loved it. My previous experience with Star Trek is highly limited - I watched the pilot episode of the original series on Netflix online, and I think I saw the movie with the Borgs at some point. My knowledge of Trek is at a rookie level and I absolutely loved the movie. The concept of the time travel was well done and well laid out - it honors what the TV show did while establishing a new set of parameters for these younger actors to take over. There's a lot of ground to cover and a lot to balance between pleasing the hardcore fans and the people who know nothing. I've been looking up some of the Star Trek lore on Wikipedia the last few days and I've queued the first two original movies on Netflix. I dare say there may be room in my heart for both Star Trek and Star Wars. *gasp!*

No comments: