Monday, March 31, 2008

March 2008 Reads Part IV.

Mighty Avengers #11: You know, this one was a little bit of a letdown, but I still really enjoy the series and how it's written, so I'm willing to give it a pass. It kind of explained the gap in the last issue when Iron Man and Dr. Doom were in the past, but it was very clunky and really didn't reveal too much. Anyways, next issue is a Secret Invasion tie-in and looks pretty good from what I've seen. I was tempted to New Avengers #39 because I flipped through it and it looked very good, it's just I'd be starting from that point in the series so there would be a lot of catching up to do. It has a couple of my favorite characters of all-time (Wolvie & Luke Cage) so maybe I'll try and see if I can get a run off of eBay rather cheaply.

Ms. Marvel #25: This was a Secret Invasion tie-in and it was very entertaining. It was interesting, apparently there's a Skrull impersonating Carol Danvers. There was also a lot of cool flashback B-story going on involving Mr. Marvel and revealed the first time that Carol encountered a Skrull. I think I'm going to see where this goes, I liked it and I'm considering adding it to my buy list (which is now starting to get out of control), at least through the end of the Secret Invasion storyline, which I'm not even sure when that's supposed to even end, because I posted that article last week about how there's an X-Men: Secret Invasion that's supposed to be released in like August or something like that. That's like a five or six month storyline, which is a lot of comics.

Wolverine: First Class #1: this one was interesting but I really feel like there's only so much they can do with this series. It's set in the "All-New, All-Different" time period, right about the time Kitty Pryde joins the X-Men and I guess it's supposed to explore her relationship with Wolverine and how it evolved. I imagine most of the issues are going to be just like the first one; Logan and Kitty are sent on a mission, Wolvie tries to do things his way, but in the end, Kitty does something to make him rethink his views. I can see this one becoming very formulaic, but I'll hang out for a few issues.

X-Men: Legacy #209: This one was good. Very good. As I wrote about the last issue, I like this one because it has a lot of flashbacks in the story and there's also a part where Xavier can't trust his memory because it's very fractured. Magneto is also involved and it's interesting because it kind of looks like they're angling things to untie the two so that they will work together. The interesting part is that they both kind of admit that neither of them were right and that they spent a lot of time and energy fighting each other. Things should get more intriguing next issue because the cliffhanger to this issue involved Charles dragging Exodus into the astral plane to fight him.

Wednesday I will be buying; Cable #2, Kick-Ass #2 (but if my store doesn't have it, I won't go out of my way to get it), Logan #2, Moon Knight #17, New Exiles #4 (thank God , this should be the last time I have to buy a comic from this series), Omega: The Unknown #7 (I have high hopes for this one), Secret Invasion #1 (yes, I know I drank the kool-aid), The Twelve #4, and Young X-Men #1. Whew, that's a lot.

No comments: