Tuesday, January 22, 2008

January Reads Part IV.

Immortal Iron Fist #12: I had heard good things about this one, but was a little disappointed. I guess it was from trying to pick up the story from this point. I expected a lot more fighting and a lot less words. A little more Luke Cage would have been nice. It was really hard trying to follow all of the characters because some of them looked the same and some of them wore masks. Not really the type of thing that doesn't confuse new readers. I'm just sayin'. I may or may not continue with this one. It is a pretty popular title though, I've noticed that it sells out most of the time, so I guess a lot of people think it's good. I think I'm going to flip through it next time and if it's got enough action/Luke Cage, then I'm in.

Invincible #45-47: I don't even know if my partner-in-crime Chris even reads this thing anymore but I emailed him to tell him that I bought some back issues of Invincible and that I thought he would like it because I loved it. I've heard great things about the series, it just took me awhile to get around to buying it. It's really smart and well-written; the dialogue sounds like what actual kids would say. It's a really fun book and it really reminded me of reading comics when I was a kid. I will definitely be putting this on my list, the only problem is, I missed #48 and #49 and the comic shop was sold out of both. It's also almost impossible to find sold-out back-issues. Basically, your only option is to hit the trades, and fortunately, Image keeps the pricing down on those. You can find them for $11-$13. Go out and buy this one. Image calls it "Probably the best superhero comic book in the universe" and I think they might be right.

I almost forgot that tomorrow is Wednesday. I'll most likely be buying Thunderbolts #119 (if it isn't sold out) and X-Men #207 (the finale to the Messiah Complex).

No comments: