Monday, April 14, 2008

Justice League: The New Frontier.

I saw Justice League: The New Frontier over the weekend. I thought it was just ok. It seemed a little rushed. According to the wikipedia entry, they cut and change a lot of the story from the original comic. The main villain, which apparently manifested itself as a giant floating dinosaur island, really wasn't fleshed out too well in my opinion. There wasn't really a reason why it was attacking Earth. The animation style was pretty cool though, and most of the characters had older looking costumes, because it was set in the 50s. It was an interesting take on the DCU. I would rent it if I were you though.

There was a preview for Batman: Gotham Knight that actually looks pretty cool. It will feature six short stories that are animated in different styles, including Japanese Anime. So that is something to look forward to. I think it's supposed to be released before the next live-action movie. Superman: Doomsday is also on my list of movies to see; I kind of have high hopes for that one. I'll let you know what I think when I see it.

No comments: