Monday, June 16, 2008

Incredible Hulk Review

Spoilers ahead!

I caught Incredible Hulk on Saturday and thought it was pretty good. I've never been that big of a Hulk fan whatsoever. I thought Ang Lee's version a few years ago was decent, but then again, I only saw it once. I was a little concerned about this new version since I heard Ed Norton was doing a bunch of re-writes on set.

Overall, it was a good movie. Not as strong as Iron Man but that may be because I'm not as well-versed in the Hulk character. This movie doesn't spend a lot of time going through the Hulk's origins - most of it is told in quick flashbacks, which I liked. I did like that the Hulk and Emil Bronsky aka The Abomination square off three times in the flick. It felt like it established a real rivalry between the two, rather than just "okay, this is where Spider-Man fights the villain and we end the movie."

The cameo at the end of the movie was kind of a waste, since it just reiterated the cameo at the end of Iron Man's credits. I'm still looking forward to how they tie together Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America and then The Avengers but I thought Tony Stark's cameo could have offered a little bit more.

All in all, a decent movie and Marvel continues on a strong roll.

No comments: