Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Big Pun.

Marvel has announced casting for the Punisher sequel. It will be called, "Punisher: War Zone". Dominic West (from "The Wire") is set to play Jigsaw, T.J. Storm will portray Maginty, and Wayne Knight will serve as the Pun's sidekick, Microchip.

I've got a confession to make, I haven't seen the first movie yet, but I'm kind of excited about this news. I love The Wire and Dominic West is amazing on that show (he also played the corrupt senator in "300"). I'm not so sure of the Wayne Knight casting, but obviously he's there for the comic relief. I also like the move to the "War Zone" franchise, hopefully it will be as violent as the comics are. You know, in a good way. In a previous update, they announced that Ray Stevenson (from HBO's "Rome") will play Frank Castle. Interesting HBO connection and a very interesting choice to play the lead role. Filming is supposed to start this month in Montreal, so we'll see what happens.

No comments: