Thursday, June 11, 2009

Marvel Casting News

Marvel has released the first picture of Mickey Rourke as Whiplash in Iron Man 2. I'm...not quite sure what to say. I don't really know Whiplash as a villain, but thought they would have gone with someone more interesting like Crimson Dynamo. I just watched The Wrestler and thought Rourke did an okay job. It was a really weird and dramatic movie, so it'll be interesting to see what he brings to the table in Iron Man 2. I think Favreau did an amazing job with the first Iron Man so he's got a lot of my faith. But...I'm still not sure about this.

In other Marvel movie news, apparently they have cast Tom Hiddleston as Loki and Chris Hemsworth as Thor in the upcoming Thor movie.

And in other other Marvel movie news, Spider-Man 4 is on. Tobey Maguire, Sam Raimi and (unfortunately) Kirsten Dunst are back for this one. They haven't released who the villain is going to be but early speculation is the Kingpin based on reports that it's a "New York villain" or something. I thought Daredevil handled the Kingpin thing just fine, and I've never really thought of him as a Spider-Man villain. I much rather would see the Lizard just because they've had Curt Connors in the last two films. He's not one of my favorites but he'd be alright. I think my first choice would be Kraven, actually. The Sinister Six sounds really cool but after they totally over-saturated us with three villains in the last piece of shit Spider-Man movie, I shudder to think what they would do with six.

No comments: